Veer movie review:
Veer is most important and ambitious movie in Salman’s Career. In one interview he said that it is my dream project and I wrote this story 20 years ago after success of Main Ne Pyaar Kiya .
Veer is historical periodical movie which mostly don’t work on Box office in India. But, Last periodical release Jodha Akbar worked on box office with critical and commercially success. Now we have to see that at this time what is Salman Khan’s fate
Salman Khan (Veer) and his father Mithun (Prithvi Singh) belong to a tribe Pindari who are enemies of another tribe Madhavgarh because king of Madhavgarh (Jackie Shrof ) is supporting British Empire. Salman falls in love with Jeckie’s daughter Zarine Khan (Yashodhara). When Salman knows that his love is the daughter of King of Madhavgarh then he decided to win both instead of one.
Script is well written and had strong feelings. Writer showed that an educated person can deal better than an illiterate person. Salman studied in UK and when he came back then he decided that how to win this war.
Veer belongs to only one person which is Salman Khan, he is on peak of his acting career
now a days. Last year Wanted and London Dreams and now he again proved himself that he is one of the best and finest actors in recent bollywood. When Wanted was released then critics said that it is his best performance ever, when London Dreams released then same comments came and now in Veer he again proved himself.But his body looks like unusual for a pindari, also looks like hero of 1900's.
New actress Zarine Khan is also good. She looks good and sometimes she resemble to Katrina Kaif in some scenes. But she needs more improvement.
Mithun Chakraborthi , Purab Rajkumar, Jackie Shrof all are good in their roles. Sohail Khan was really pathetic.
Veer is directed by Anil Sharma who gave us a good historical movie Gadar-EK Prem Katha which was the most successful movie in 2001.
At this time he chose a good idea and well story. He was successful in some parts and in some parts he failed like love story part is very usual and fighting scenes are not well executed.
Veer has good sound track especially two songs Salam Aaya and Surili Akhiyon Wale are already chart busters. Both songs have good melody and execution. Rest of other songs like Taali and Meharbania is average.
Back ground score is very touchy and melodious. Especially tune of Surili Ankhiyon Wale is fantastic which comes lots of time in romantic scenes.
1. Script is too lengthy. Movie running time is 165 minutes . Audience feel boring it could trim at least 15 minute. There are so many scenes which were not necessary like Salman’s fight with one Pindari for leadership.
2. Sohail Khan himself is a weak point. He was trying to make laugh in whole movie but he couldn’t successful.
3. War and fighting scenes are not well executed. They could be better.
4. Love part is very usual same like a lot of movies which we have seen before and same story like girl and boy belongs to different cast or tribes, both fall in love and then some twists.
5. Sometimes movie looks copy of Hollywood movie Troy. So many same situations like fight between 2 different tribes, heroine belongs to enemy tribe, fight between hero and heroine’s brother and hero kills him. Climax is also resembled to Troy to some extents.
Veer is well made movie which has good story line and best performances by Salman and Mithun.
It has good hype among all Salman fans and movie will take good start. Most people don’t like periodical movies so it is bad for Veer.
3/5 ( One time watch )