Chance Pe Dance is very important for Shahid Kapoor because after great success of Jab we Met and Kaminay now Shahid has gotten good value in bollywood. Another thing his last release Dil Bole Haddipa wasn’t work good on box office.Will it works? Let’s see
Chance Pe Dance is about Sameer (Shahid Kapoor) and his struggle to make it big in the film industry. He fights against every hurdle that comes his way to achieve his dream. He is helped by choreographer and good friend Tina (Genelia D’Souza), who pushes him to participate in a dance competition, which finally helps him get his ‘dream role’.
Shahid Kapoor ( Samir Behl ) is struggling actor who came from Delhi to Mumbai to be an actor. He meets to Genelia ( Tina ) who is also struggling to be a choreographer. Both fall in love and that’s it.
Story is very old. We have already watched a lots of movies about struggling hero or struggling singers. Last year farhan Akhtar’s Luck By Chance was also this kind of movie which did average business on box office.Movie starts very well with introduction and daily routine of Shahid. His first meeting with Genelia was also good. But after 15 minute audience can understand that what will happened next and you won’t be disappoint about your prediction. Everything happened the way you think.
Worth of the movie:
1. Shahid Kapoor’s mind blowing performance
2. Genelia’s beautiful look
3. Some emotional scenes are well executed
4. At interval and Shahid’s Final audition which telecast on TV is really well
5. Shahid and Genelia’s chemistry is very good.Genelia got good chance to perform, and she did.
1. Shahid Kapoor is rocking again , after Jab We Met and Kaminay he proved himself again that he is one of the good actors in bollywood. He danced very well like Hrithik Roshan style and in emotional scenes he was also awesome.
2. Genelia performed very good her performance was better than Jane Tu Ya Jane Na and she looks beautiful and more mature.
3. Mohnish Behl wasted and did over acting .
Ken Ghosh made Ishq Vishq and Fida which were good movies but didn’t work well on box office. At this time he should have select good idea and better script but he failed to get good script and then failed to execute it in well direction.
Music is by Adnan Sami and Pritam. If you are making dancing musical movie then you should have best music. But Ken didn’t get good music. None of any song is good.‘Pump it up’ and ‘Pal main he’ are better songs. Dances are good in all songs but may be Ken Ghosh didn’t know that people buy music for listening not for watching.
1. Lack of Script. Movie hasn’t one theme. It changed its track
2. There wasn’t necessary school scenes and kids dance competition. It stucked the main story.
3. There wasn’t necessary Shahid’s fathers scenes in second half. But Ken made it well.
4. Climax is very weak. You are watching movie and you think that now movie got good track and it will be batter and suddenly u will see ‘The End’ then you will surprise that suddenly what happened with movie how can it finish so early within 110 minute running time .
5. A musical dancing movie without any good song looks like Biriyani without meat.
Chance Pe Dance is good in some parts like Shahid’s Performance, Genelia’s cute look and some good emotional scenes. These plus points can take it to average business. And CPD has only one week for work since an another most awaited movie Veer is releasing very next week.
2/ 5 XX (Very less chance for dance with joy for director Ken Ghosh)