Homeportal1*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
malayalam4u
Top posters
MANNADIYAR
The birth of film I_vote_lcapThe birth of film I_voting_barThe birth of film I_vote_rcap 
yeldo987
The birth of film I_vote_lcapThe birth of film I_voting_barThe birth of film I_vote_rcap 
real hero
allambans
mohan.thomas
ajith_mc86
deathrace
dracula
maadambi
mohan
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clicks
The birth of film Image
Powered by website-hit-counters.com .
flag
The birth of film Flags_1
m4u webstat
malayalamcinema.forumakers.com-Google pagerank and Worth
m4u badge
Rating for malayalamcinema.forumakers.com
malayalamcinema

The birth of film

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
devan
devan

The birth of film Empty
PostSubject: The birth of film   The birth of film EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

n 1878, under the sponsorship of Leland Stanford, Eadweard Muybridge successfully photographed a horse named "Sallie Gardner" in fast motion using a series of 24 stereoscopic cameras. The experiment took place on June 11 at the Palo Alto farm in California with the press present. The cameras were arranged along a track parallel to the horse's, and each of the camera shutters were controlled by a trip wire which was triggered by the horse's hooves. They were 21 inches apart to cover the 20 feet taken by the horse stride, taking pictures at one thousandth of a second
Back to top Go down
devan
devan

The birth of film Empty
PostSubject: Re: The birth of film   The birth of film EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

The second experimental film, Roundhay Garden Scene, filmed by Louis Le Prince on October 14, 1888 in Roundhay, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, UK is now known as the earliest surviving motion picture.
On June 21, 1889, William Friese-Greene was issued patent no. 10131 for his 'chronophotographic' camera. It was apparently capable of taking up to ten photographs per second using perforated celluloid film. A report on the camera was published in the British Photographic News on February 28, 1890. On 18 March, Friese-Greene sent a clipping of the story to Thomas Edison, whose laboratory had been developing a motion picture system known as the Kinetoscope. The report was reprinted in Scientific American on April 19.Friese-Greene gave a public demonstration in 1890 but the low frame rate combined with the device's apparent unreliability failed to make an impression
Back to top Go down
devan
devan

The birth of film Empty
PostSubject: Re: The birth of film   The birth of film EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

At the Chicago 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, Muybridge gave a series of lectures on the Science of Animal Locomotion in the Zoopraxographical Hall, built specially for that purpose in the "Midway Plaisance" arm of the exposition. He used his zoopraxiscope to show his moving pictures to a paying public, making the Hall the very first commercial movie theater
Back to top Go down
devan
devan

The birth of film Empty
PostSubject: Re: The birth of film   The birth of film EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:59 pm

William Kennedy Laurie Dickson, chief engineer with the Edison Laboratories, is credited with the invention of a practicable form of a celluloid strip containing a sequence of images, the basis of a method of photographing and projecting moving images. Celluloid blocks were thinly sliced, then removed with heated pressure plates. After this, they were coated with a photosensitive gelatin emulsion.[citation needed] In 1893 at the Chicago World's Fair, Thomas Edison introduced to the public two pioneering inventions based on this innovation; the Kinetograph - the first practical moving picture camera - and the Kinetoscope. The latter was a cabinet in which a continuous loop of Dickson's celluloid film (powered by an electric motor) was back lit by an incandescent lamp and seen through a magnifying lens. The spectator viewed the image through an eye piece. Kinetoscope parlours were supplied with fifty-foot film snippets photographed by Dickson, in Edison's "Black Maria" studio (pronounced like "ma-RYE-ah"). These sequences recorded mundane events (such as Fred Ott's Sneeze, 1894) as well as entertainment acts like acrobats, music hall performers and boxing demonstrations.
Back to top Go down
thankan
thankan

The birth of film Empty
PostSubject: Re: The birth of film   The birth of film EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

thanks devan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The birth of film Empty
PostSubject: Re: The birth of film   The birth of film Empty

Back to top Go down

The birth of film
Page 1 of 1